ASPCR Travel Awards for the ASPCR-ASDR Conference 2013, Sydney Australia
· A limited number of $ 500 partial travel awards are available from the ASPCR
· The candidate should be a PhD student, a junior scientist or a clinician under 40 years
· The applicant should be an ASPCR(Asian Society for Pigment Cell Research) member in good standing (subscription paid).
· The submitted abstract accepted by the scientific committee as suitable for oral or poster presentation at the conference.
· Have no other source of funds for this purpose.
Deadline for submitting applications for ASPCR 2013 Registration/Travel Awards is 8th Feb 2013.
· Please send an informal letter of application by e -mail, to :
· Chairman Scientific Committee(ASPCR), through The Conference Secretariat, ASPCR-ASDR 2013 on email@example.com
Congratulations to the ASPCR Travel Award Winners:
* Ravinder Kumar (Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research)
* Chandeep Singh (Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research)
* MKD Tissera (Lady Ridgeway Hospital for Children)
*Kelvin Yin (University of Queensland)
John Pawelek Lectureship 2013, Facilitated by AMWAY Corporation USA
Applications are called by the Scientific Committee(ASPCR) for the John Pawelek Lectureship in 2013. This lecture is to be delivered during the ASPCR-ASDR Conference to be held from 17-19 May 2013 in Sydney Australia. The presentation should be on a subject related to pigment cell biology, translational research in pigment cell research, melanoma research or clinical research related to pigmentary disorders. The applicants should send a 500 word summary of the proposed presentation and CV to The John Pawelek Lectureship Committee, via e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . The Committee comprises of 3 persons including the President of the ASPCR, the chair or Co-Chair of the local organizing committee(ASPCR) and another person appointed by the President of ASPCR.
The decision of the committee will be final. If there are no suitable submissions the Committee will nominate and invite an eminent basic science or a clinical researcher to deliver the John Pawelek Lectureship for the year 2013.
The selected applicant will be requested to deliver a 30 minute presentation during the ASPCR-ASDR Conference. He will be presented with the ASPCR John Pawelek Medal by the President of the ASPCR.
The deadline for submission of abstracts for John Pawelek Lectureship is 15th of January 2013 (please note this deadline is before the abstract submission deadline for free papers or posters)
Congratulations to the ASPCR John Pawelek Lectureship winner:
*Ai Young Lee (Dongguk University Ilsan Hospital)
ASDR Student/Trainee Travel Awards
The ASDR will be offering 3 travel awards of $500 each for students to attend the ASPCR-ASDR Joint May 2013 conference. If you, or your students, wish to apply, you will need to submit your abstract as instructed on the website (see abstract page) by the 8th February 2013 and provide evidence of your student status by providing your supervisors email address.
Congratulations to the ASDR/JSID Travel Fellowship winners:
*Risa Tamagawa-Mineoka (Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine)
*Hiroshi Kawasaki (Keio University)
*Hideo Kudo (Kumamoto University)